Thursday, April 30, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
24 Jun 2010 - I have to say I still prefer the Lunapads over the Imses. The liners for the Imses fell out pretty often and one fell into the.... ahem. Anyway, I only use them at night to avoid that problem! As for the deodrant, I had issues with it staining my white clothes. The deo is actually a cream colour product so if I put on too much w/o realising it it would transfer onto my tops and they're difficult to remove. Otherwise, its' a good product to use! Only wish they sold it in Singapore :-)
Thursday, April 23, 2009
LinkSkin is World’s first eco-friendly eyewear – manufactured by using recycled materials.
Even the paint works are RoHs compliant – no lead, mercury & cadmium.
To reduce emission of CO2, we do not use soldering for production of LinkSkin."
Info below from their website:
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009
Time: 10.30am to 6pm
Venue: The Plaza, National Library Building,100 Victoria Street
3 easy steps to exchange your used books for new reads:
1. Bring your used books to any Public Library from 11 to 24 April,
11am to 8pm. On 25 April, used books are accepted only at the National Library Building.
2. Drop off your used books and get a book exchange coupon indicating one-for-one exchange for the books accepted.
3. Bring your coupon to The Plaza, National Library Building, on 25 April to redeem for used books dropped off by other book lovers.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Each person can exchange up to a maximum of 30 used books. There is no age limit for participation.
2. We accept children's and adults' fiction and non-fiction books (eg. cookbooks, travel guides and romance novels) in any of the four official languages. We also accept used library books bought from previous Library Book Sales. Textbooks, magazines and audio-visual materials will not be accepted.
3. Used books for exchange should be in relatively good physical condition.
4. Please check your coupons carefully after they are issued to you.
5. Coupons issued are transferable. You may pass them on to your family members or friends to help you redeem.
6. Lost coupons are not replaceable. You are advised to keep your coupons properly till the event on 25 April.
7. Plastic/carrier bags and delivery service will not be providedon Sat, 25 April. You are advised to bring your own carrier bags and/or arrange for transportation of books redeemed.
For enquiries, please call NLB Helpdesk at 6332 3255 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: NLB reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Personally, I dont' think it is the being fat part. It's the lifestyle. There are many thin people out there who use cars, eat lots of meat. I think it's being lazy that fuels carbon emissions, not being obese.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Here's an interesting interactive idea. Getting the consumer to participate in the advertising is a good way to increase recall.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
No one seems to care about who are the culprits behind the ruins of our environment. All of us are so engrossed in the economics of everything. You may remember me blogging about the evils of global capitalism, well, I found this great thought provoking article by Bert Olivier on "Capitalism and the Environment". Gosh, I wish I could write like him :-)
Oh, by the way, Obama has decided not to lift the embargo on Cuba so I guess we won't see a Starbucks/McD's invasion ! :-p
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I've always liked Free Range Studios works, which have been creative, interesting, thought provoking and humorous. This one I find is only semi-interesting and not as impactful as the ones before. So, why am I including it? I guess it still has the basic good message of using less and hopefully it will bring some points across to those who are new to this topic. However, as I discussed before, let's not be penny wise and pound foolish regarding environmental issues and concentrate all our efforts on only one project.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Synopsis taken from website: "Oscar-nominated Pete Postlethwaite (In The Name of the Father, Brassed Off) stars as a man living alone in the devasted world of 2055, looking back at “archive” footage from 2007 and asking: why didn’t we stop climate change when we had the chance?"
The Age of Stupid: EPK clip 1 - Titles from Age of Stupid on Vimeo.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Check out the eco-designers who are selling their wares in Singapore..... http://www.timeoutsingapore.com/shopping/feature/green-is-the-new-black
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
Agy asked me today about looking into changing the banner. I told her if I did so I would probably make the site black. ;p ok, so it isn't exactly black (it's charcoal grey!). I know I know, I should really be more adventurous but I really do like black! Things somehow just don't look right if it's not black...
Well, don't be alarmed at the changes. Experimenting now and perhaps it'll look different tomorrow....
Comments welcome and don't forget you can email us at email@example.com.