-->
no
no

Reusing your lanyards

4 comments
We have a lot of exhibitions and conferences in Singapore, and they all hand out lanyards - big ones, small ones and even chunky ones that look like seat belts, and it's all in the name of marketing. I used to just chuck them in my drawer as soon as I got back to the office, but I have so many.  Here are a few of mine and hubby's combined.  It's such a waste though and maybe organisers should just use the old pin and cardboard instead - time to put on the thinking hat and see what to churn them into! I'm thinking of key chains, camera straps and may be even a phone strap too!  What are your ideas? :-)


author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

4 comments

  1. I am very interested in any ideas on this one. I receive them at legal conferences. I always save the hardware for zipper pulls, key fobs/key chains. However, I am not sure what to do with the printed tape. Lots of sewists piece together selvedges for a unique look, eg http://www.mountainlaurelquiltguild.org/fabricselvage.pdf you could do the same with the lanyard tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. My first idea is to sew like colours together in an ombre effect to create a belt. You could have one central clip or multiple central clips. It would look quirky. I can see it with a cardigan. Position your cardigan in place using your new ombre lanyard belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used my old lanyards to attach to my own DIY cardholders. Saves me time from sewing a long strap =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also got some after conf/event/product launch. Wondering how to use them too. For the wider ones I use for my own fabric bags straps of handles by enclosing a thin fabric. Any suggestions would be good.

    ReplyDelete

no
no